To all those returning to in-person group training starting on May 18, 2020, acceptance of the following Informed Consent form will be required prior to participation. Please read and review and be ready to sign and accept when signing into your first class.
COVID-19 RISK INFORMED CONSENT
Risks of Opting for In-Person Group Fitness Training
I understand that I am opting to participate in in-person group fitness training at Cityside CrossFit.
I also understand that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. I further understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by person-to-person contact; and, as a result, federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing. I recognize that Cityside CrossFit and all the staff at Cityside CrossFit are closely monitoring this situation and have put in place reasonable preventative measures aimed to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, given the nature of the virus, I understand there is an inherent risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 by virtue of proceeding with this in-person group fitness training.
I hereby acknowledge and assume the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 through this in-peron group fitness training, and I give my express permission for Cityside CrossFit and all the staff at Cityside CrossFit to proceed with the same.
I understand that, even if I have been tested for COVID and received a negative test result, the tests in some cases may fail to detect the virus or I may have contracted COVID after the test. I understand that, if I have a COVID-19 infection, and even if I do not have any symptoms for the same, proceeding with this in-peron group fitness training can lead to a higher chance of complication and death.
I understand that possible exposure to COVID-19 before/during/after my in-person group fitness training may result in the following: a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, extended quarantine/self-isolation, additional tests, hospitalization that may require medical therapy, Intensive Care treatment, possible need for intubation/ventilator support, short-term or long-term intubation, other potential complications, and the risk of death.
Member’s Responsibility to Minimize Exposure
To participate in in-person group fitness training, I agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If I do not adhere to these safeguards, Cityside CrossFit (including staff, coaches, or agents thereof) may remove me from in-person group training.
- I will only keep your in-person appointment if I am symptom free.
- I will take my temperature before coming to each class. If it is elevated (100 Fahrenheit or more), or if I have other symptoms of the coronavirus, I agree to cancel my reservation for the class.
- I will wait in my car or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before the reserved class time.
- I will wash my hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when I enter the building.
- I will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the gym.
- To the greatest extent possible using cleaning agents provided by Cityside CrossFit, I will disinfect my equipment after use.
- I will not bring a child or any other guest or visitor to the gym while participating in my reserved in-person group training class.
- I will take steps between appointments to minimize my exposure to COVID.
- If I have a job that exposes me to other people who are infected, I will immediately let Cityside CrossFit management know.
- If a resident of my home tests positive for the infection, I will immediately let Cityside CrossFit management know.
I understand the explanation and responsibilities described herein, and have no more questions and consent to participating in in-person group fitness classes.